Monday, October 04, 2004

Riding the Wave

Week 4 is over in the NFL. That means that a majority of the teams have completed 1/4 of their season.

Week 78 is over in MLB. That means we're going to be starting up our MLB playffs, and, looky there, each one of my prdictions for the weekend proved true. Still a month left to see if My BIG predictions prove true. But, I figured, I shouldn't stop while I'm ahead, so here are some looks at the rest of the NFL season, Division by Division.

AFC:
East - This one's easy. New England wins it and the Jets are on their way tot he Wild Card (did I just type that!?!?!) But here's teh real fun prediction: there's only 4 wins available for the other 2 teams, and that includes the 2 games they play eachother. I think the Dolphins get 1 and teh Bills will get 3. If the Bills can manage to get their Offense on track in the next 2 weeks, I'll adjust their win total. But right now, I'm sticking with 3.

Another fun fact on the Dolphins. For back ground, in Fantasy Football, you hope your Defense gets you about 10 or 11 points a week. You get points based on the scores they give up (more points for the Offense means less points for your Defense), Turnovers caused (2 points each), sacks (1 point each) and Touchdowns scored on returns of turnovers (6). So you look for them to give up about 10 points (5), 2 turnovers (4) and 2 scks (2). That's 11. In my league, my strategy all year has been find whoever is playing the Dophins and pick them up. I've been able to get that team 3 of the 4 weeks. In those 3 weeks, I've gotten a total of 62 pointsa from the Defense and have won each of those weeks. The one I didn't have them, I lost. Yes, the Dolphins are bad enough to single handedly win me 3 Fantasy weeks.

North - I can't dwell on this one for too long, because my Steelers are in this Division and I'm obviously biased. Baltimore was my pick before the start of the season, but they've lost 2 at home to really bad teams (Browns and Chiefs). You can't do that. As long as the Steelers manage not to (and it looks like that's the very least they will get done this year), they win it. But the Ravens will most likely find a way to get the Wild Card.

South - Wow, the Titans stink. Wow, Jacksonville's playing with heart this year. Wow the Colts can score a ton of points. I'll take the Colts and the Jags JUST missing the playoffs. Barely. That's the only tough pick in the AFC, really.

West - Denver will sneak away with this Division just because there isn't another team worth a damn in it. Really, none of the others are worth mentioning.

NFC:
East - Philly. Hands down. What a damn good team. I'm kicking myself because I decided to keep Santan Moss over Donavan McNabb in my keeper league. The worst Fantasy move I've made in 3 years. Might be the biggest mistake EVER. The other teams - Dallas, Washington and the Giants - yawn.

North - Minnesota have the makings of a really good team. They're not going to beat a team like Philly, though, because of their coach, who seems far too inflexible in a sport where adjustments can let you come back from 21 point half-time deficits. Green Bay's demise is shocking. Especially considering they have such a money RB. I like Detroit this year. Them and the Jags just make me smile. They'll win a Wild Card spot just because there aren't enough teams in this Conference to take it from them. They're a year away from actually deserving it though. And the Bears, well, Chicago is a kick ass city. They deserve better.

South - Atlanta and Carolina will make the playoffs. I catually didn't think Carolina would make the playoffs, but seriously, no one else wants it. My pre-season pick would have been Green Bay and Washington for the Wild Card, but Carolina will do enough to get it. Atlanta is looking good. New Orleans and Tampa do not.

West. Seattle is the only team taht could realistically keep Philly out of the Super Bowl this year. San Fran, Arizona and the Rams are the only 3 teams that could threaten the AFC West as teh worst collection of teams in football. Seattle lets that title stay in the AFC West. (Sorry Jenn, I love you and I look forward to rooting for Sanf Fran in the playoffs in future years).

OK, I'm off to get some nooky. Real quick on the playoffs: Steelers beat Jets, Denver loses to Ravens, they both lose to the Pats and Colts and Pats go to the SB. Atlanta beats Detroit and Minnesota beats Carolina, Minnestoa beats Seattle and Philly beats Atlanta with Philly going on to take the SB title. OK, SWEETIE, I'M COMING!! NO not like that. Yet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home