Monday, September 20, 2004

Feel the Funk

More on sports. Hey, I warned you in the beginning that this spot was going to be slightly consumed by this.

So yesterday was my first day combining the joys of TiVo and the Sunday NFL Ticket, a Direct TV package which enables yout o watch each and every football game on Sundays. Have I mentioned that I love TiVo? Just an all around wonderful experience. Jenn, even sat and watched with me. Well, sort of. She bought me the new Millenium Falcon Lego set for an early Birthday present and we were putting it together (yay fun!). Just a great Sunday.

And yet, I have a fog over me. Just something isn't sitting right. And that something was a very non-memorable performance from my Steelers. They looked absolutely terrible. The fact that they had a chance to pull within 1 TD in the 4th Quarter does not do justice to how poorly they played. When I perform poorly in something, I'm real bad at beating myself up over it. I'll be affected for a time period lasting anywhere from 24 hours to a week, depending on how disasterous the performance and the long-term ramifications of that performance.

During the regular season, I don't get quite that distrought over a Steeler loss. But Mondays are usually a little more hard to deal with. Just funky. It's silly, I know, but I have a feeling that the only reason I don't take it WORSE, like when I bowl a 130 (I average about 175), is because I have no control over the situation.

What this all means is that I'm a bad loser. So anyone worried that I might someday develop a nasty gambling habit can rest easy. It won't happen. Because the first time I hit a big loss, I wouldn't go chasing the next big win. I can't get the same rush from winning and losing, which is why, they say, gambling addicts can do what they do.

I really hope the Steelers pick it up from here on out. I don't know if I can deal with as many Mondays like this as I did last year.

Reason # 982 to not vote for W: Do you honestly believe for one second that this country is better off today than it was 4 years ago? Now ask yourself if you think it will be better off 4 years from now than it is today? If so how? He hasn't done a single thing to make me belive that he will help us leave the country for our children in better shape than when we found it. And that is what we owe every generation after our own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home