Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Back and Dry

We ended up getting into South Florida on the very first flight into Fort Lauderdale upon re-opening after a 2 day closure. My brother's place, where I was staying, had electricity by the time I got there, but was without phone service for almost my entire stay (hence the lack of any posting during the vacation). But I'm back now, and here's a re-cap of the vacation.

South Florida, it turns out, is still very very humid. Not much clean up had happened by the time we landed, so driving around was a bit odd. Debris in the road. Wendy's signs knocked down. The surge of the storm sent the ocean just to the other side of A1A in the vecinity of the Elbo Room and Beach Place.

We took a stroll on the beach and went to the Mai Kai for dinner. Sadly, due the to delayed arrival, that's just about all we had time for.

Disney was E-M-P-T-Y. And I can't stress that enough. Never in the 254 times I've been to the Disney parks (not including working days) have I seen it so vacant. I imagine it's a combination of cancelled flights, the season (September being a very advantageous time to go to Disney for crowd avoidance) and the sale at Penny's. Not a SINGLE attraction had a wait of longer of 5 minutes. Longest wait we had was when we went to Typhoon Lagoon. The family raft ride, which only has 4 rafts, had about a 10 minute wait. But considereing the heat, I suppose it wasn't the least bit surprising that it was busy.

Turns out Jenn's far more an amusement park kinda woman than a theme park woman. It's all good though. We had a grand time, as we always do. The lack of crowds made it easy for us to see everything worth seeing (read: NOT Food Rocks or Tiki Room: Under New Management). We did the Hoop Dee Doo Review and I got called on stage. Yes, I can mark that off of my life long to-do list.

We flew home and that was pretty much that. Wonderful vacation. Tons of things to do here now. I'll have more on that later.

Reasons 1298 - 1457 not to vote for W: http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=154

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home