Thursday, September 02, 2004

An actual EVENT!!!

GASP!!! Something's actually going on in my life. Actually several things and all at once. And none of them have ANYTHING to do with Tivo. Though one of them affects Football as a sort of domino of Doom.

I and my trusty companion (girlfriend, woman, goddesse extraordinaire) Jenn are scheduled for a 7:40 flight tomorrow out of LAX to FLL (that's Fort Lauderdale International Airport for those of you who are not down with the airport codes). We're set to land at 3:45. Of course also set to be making it's presence known in SoFla at just about the time that we'll be taking off is Hurricane W (everything that goes wrong between now and November is his fault). Do we actually want to go into the side of the belly of the beast? Yes, because I haven't had and actual vacation in 3 years. Am I a little anxious about the whole thing? Certainly, but I'll get to hang with the bro, play Parchisi and eat canned food.

That big swirly looking thing in the ocean has only added to an already stressful week for me. So I think being cooped up in a sauna for a day might do me some good. Seriously, though, not to make light of the situation, I am very conserned about the whole thing. Fact is, I can't do much about it. I could delay the flight, but Jenn and I both agree that getting out of town will do us both a world of good. And there's a little part of me that wants to be there with my family, just because then I'll KNOW that they're OK. I might actually worry LESS by being there. In the end I'm a little apprehensive, but I think this will be the best for my already freying nerves.

We're going to be in Disney from Tuesday through Sunday, so we'll need to get to Florida at some point. The question is when. And not even the Shadow knows for sure.

Other things going on: part of the reason for the trip was to participate in my annual Fantasy Football Draft in my money league. I've won $ each of the past 2 years, so you don't think I'm going to miss out on that, do ya? It was scheduled for Saturday. As for when it will actually happen, well, I suppose that will make for another post. By the way, this will be my 5th and final draft of the year.

So now I owe a Fantasy Football post and a TiVo post. I still love my TiVo, by the way.

I'll send updates here as I get them. And for all you worriers out there, American Airlines flight 384 out of LA.

REASON # 24 not to vote for W: Because 4 years ago his idiocy was a little amusing and slightly endearing. Now it's just frightening and enfuriating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home