Friday, October 01, 2004

Me Likey the Food

I love food. It's such a wonderful thing to have to do to survive. When you think of the things that we, as animals, have to do to survive, I think eating is by far my favorite. Think of the other things: sleep (feel nice after, but boring as hell), breathe, poop. If I were to design my perfect 48 hours, assuming I was going to survive as long as I didn't jump off a building or something like that, not a single one of those things would be on the list of stuff I'd want to do. But even though I wouldn't HAVE to, I'd still choose to eat.

Yesterday, my friend Chris (of Chris and Katie fame) made me a belated birthday dinner of leg of lamb. This is my absolute favorite meal and was so good that it prompted me to send an e-mail to my friend Pamela saying that if I were forced to pick my last meal, it would be leg of lamb. The whole meal would actually be the leg of lamb, Jenn's mashed potatoes and my mom's gravy. She then followed up with a valid question: what's for dessert!?!?! You know what's really sad? My perfect dessert does not exist.

For my birthday, Jenn made me super yummie cake. Last night, Chris and Katie got some super yummie cheesecake. There are lots of other things I like, too. At a restaurant, dessert is always the toughest part of the meal for me to pick. Right now, at gun point, I would pick Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. I've been to the cheesecake factory dozens of times with dozens of differnt people. It's safe to say that I've tried all of their specialty cheesecakes that I care to (i.e. none of the coffee ones, none of the one's where nuts are a key ingredient and none of the boring ones like plain or strawberry). Now when I go, I know. I get the APBC Cheesecake. I don't know who Adam is or what he did to get a cheesecake named after him, but I hope that I am someday that wonderful a human being. There are 2 things that make this the best cheesecake there: the crust is a slice of dark chocolate heaven and instead of whipped cream they put this whipped peanut butter thing on the top that is to absolutely die for. They have another chocolate and peanut butter combo selection, but it can't touch APBC. Choolate and peanut butter is the second greatest combination of flavors known to man, hence why this would make the current #1 selection.

APBC would get supplanted in an instant if the Cheese Cake Factory ever got the gumption to introduce a dessert which features the greatest flavor comination: chocolate and strawberries. I makes perfect sense, I tell ya!!! You start with the crust from APBC (don't mess with perfection). You then make the cheescake with the strawberries blended in and you swirl in a THICK ring of chocolate goodness (not cheesecake but actual chocolate, like a vein of fudge or something). You then top it off with a second layer of dark chocolate, some fresh strawberries and, if possible, do the thing with whipped strawberries that you did with the peanut butter and add some chocolate syrup for good measure. Give me a glass of milk and THAT, my friends, would be the very last thing I would ever taste. Shove your after dinner mints up your ass, I'm tasting Triple-Chocolate Coverd Strawberry Cheescake for the rest of eternity.

Reason #2624 not to vote for W: After the debate last night, i actually think he believes the load of shit taht he's shoveling. He's so stupid, he's dangerous.

Needed added side note: Fresno is getting a Claim Jumper Restaurant in 2005 and it's going in 2 blocks from where I live. If they opened a Cheesecake Factory across the street to compete, I would be in a diabetic coma in a month. But I don't care. It needs to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home