Monday, October 25, 2004

Where have I been all my life?

So I've had a rather busy October. Or not so much. We'll get to that. But first, I thought I'd give out some random thoughts from the past 2 + weeks. About my World Seiers prediction, yeah, that was wrong. I'd feel better if teh Astros at least MADE it that far. And in reality, they were knocking on the door but just couldn't bust it open in St. Louy, so now we have the Bo Sox and the Cards. You don't win 4 straight elimination games against your arch rivals only to blow it in the Big Show, so yeah, I'm thinking the Sox will continue to stroll.

Next, last weekend, I went to Dallas with my brother to see the Steelers in an absoluteyly PHEEEEnominal game against the Cowboys. Great time. My brother and I have made this a tradition, going to a Steeler game every year. I think at the end of the season, we'll be hard pressed to pick a better game to have been at. Firstly, the crowd was about 10-15% Steeler fans, which on the road at a place other than Cincinatti or Arizona is impressive. At Dallas that's unheard of. Secondly, the Cowboy jumped to an early lead adn then went up by 10 late. The Cowboys fans were all up in our faces. Late in the 4th, when the Steelers took the lead, all the people that had been the most belligerantly vocal were gone. Their teams was up and they didn't even stick around with the hope that they'll pull a miracle. So this right here is a collective FUCK YOU from teh Steelers fans taht did not get the chance for reptibution on game day. You celebrate in someone's face, you damn well better be ready to take it. Thirdly, I hate Texas. This was my feeling before the trip and this is still my feeling. We went to the little JFK Memorial they have there. Part of the exhibit included all of the wonderful legacy JFK left behind for the social fabric of the US. I couldn't help but notice the irony that this display was in the same state that produced the president which is in the process of un-doing everything that JFK accomplished. Oh, and JFK was more of a fiscal conservative than W is (that's a fact, as JFK ran on a very early, slightly different idea on teh Supply Side economics). Lastly, for as much as I hate Texas, they have damn good food. I haven't had 4 meals in a row that I absolutely loved like than in a very long time.

Other personal, less interesting (read stressful) things have been going on, but for sooth, they cannot be ruled as the reason for my quetude. The culprit is Star Wars Battlefronts. It's a new computer game and it totally rocks all kinds of insanity.

Here's the thing: Jenn, who I love so much and wouldn't change anything about, is not a Star Wars fan. And my current TV sucks and is in dire need of replacement. Both of those things combined add up to *sigh* I haven't watched the Star Wars DVD's yet. At first it was that I couldn't find a good time to say, "Honey, I know you ahve no desire to watch these movies, but that's what I'm doing tonight." But then after a while, you realize that your TV sux and you've waited this long so you might as well wait a little longer. This was a similar arguement I used in college when I was on a particualrly long dry spell and had the opportunity to go hogging but decided better of it.

However, when you're on such a dry spell, you need something to occupy that part of your mind that NEEDS release, ANY RELEASE. In college, you get Skinemax. For Star Wars, you find Battlefronts. Basically, the way it works is, you're a member of the Rebellion, Empire, a Separatist Droid or a Clone. You then get to go to war against the opposite side. One mode even lets you recreate classic battles in from teh movies. You get to drive and AT-AT. You get to run around on a speeder bike. You get to shoot things. It's just oh-so much fun. And I haven't even TRIED going on-line and playing against live foes yet! The fact of the matter is, I haven't posted because when I sit down at the computer at home, I'll start doing net stuff, but I inevitably wind up playing Battlefronts.

Now, if it weren't for Jenn, I suspect Skinemax would be on in the background while I play.

Reason #284 not to vote for W: He's the anti-JFK.

Except for the whole Vietnam thing.

But not the actual "fighting for your country" bit, whcih JFK did.

Not in Vietnam, but WWII.

And not W who didn't anywhere, except maybe at a strip club while riding the Coke Mobile.

Bush IS like JFK in that he has his own Vietnam in Iraq.

Except he wouldn't fight there either because he's a pussy.

Plus, he should learn from history, the dousche bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home