Monday, March 14, 2005

The Girlie Report

Tomorrow, I plan on posting a preview of the NCAA tournament. I've been following College s far less this year than in year's past. Having a woman by your side can do that. But I'm happy and I don't really feel like I've missed anything. I really only follow during the year to know what to expect come tourney time and to be semi-educated on the teams in the field to fill out the most informed bracket that I could. Considering I've never in my life won a bracket pool, I really can't do any worse using the basic, "I like this team, I'll pick them," method. So that's what I'm doing and I'll be all set to watch action Thursday through Sunday for the next 2 weeks (that's a heads up to Jenn).

For today, I just hve some additional wedding news. It's getting into the level of detail that most guys don't care about but since I have some time and not much else to contribute until I actually fill out a bracket, that's what you're getting.

Jenn got a dress. Katie went with her, as well as her mom. Katie says she looks really good in it. Her mom, well, she doesn't say much at all on a good day, but her smile indicated that she seemed pleased enough (personally, I think she'd be happy if Jenn were wearing a naughty school girl outfit, just so long as she's involved (and no, Jenn refused my suggestions on the naughty school girl outfit even though I insisted that her mom wouldn't care, just as long as she was involved in picking the plaid pattern for the skirt)). Any way, Jenn hates tradition. It's not even that she isn't traditional or that she doesn't understand tradition. She hates it. She will specifically go out of her way to do things that fly in the face of tradition just in the off chance that someone who likes tradition might disapprove. As if that person were the embodiment of tradition, call her Mrs. Tradition, and Jenn's whole goal in life (or at least durig hollidays and other such events) was to piss off Mrs. Tradition. Anyway, to further her cause, her dress is NOT white, which promptly made Mrs. Tradition *huff* under her breather. She has shown me the dress multiple times on-line, which practically made Mrs. Tradition yank the power cords from my computer. And to top it off, she wnats more than anything else to model the dress for me when it arrives. And if Mrs. Tradition were in teh room so that she might faint upon seeing me see Jenn, then that would be ideal. This is where I've drawn the line feeling that making people faint, even imaginary ones, may be going a bit too far.

Mrs. Tradition also highly disapproves of our ordering of the invitations 6 months in advance of the actual event, let alone planning on sending them out. My feeling is most of my friends need to know when the wedding is in order to plan accordingly (flights, hotels, etc). But Mrs. Tradition says that, at earliest, 3 months is appropriate planning time. I've got Jenn's back on this one. The invites arrive on Tuesday. I figure, once our web-site with all the handy info is finalized (we're still looking at/working on the hotel specifics), the invites should go out. We'll see how that works.

And lastly, i washed my car over the weekend. Anyone who knows my car, or more specifically, has been on teh inside, knows how icky it was. Well, it is icky no longer. I'm not even embarrassed by the inside now. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home