Monday, March 07, 2005

Bits and Pieces

I have 12 minutes left in my lunch hour and I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. I posted on Saturday, and there isn't a whole heck of a lot to report since then. So I certainly don't expect to type for 12 minuts. But I've got the time comign to me, so no sense in actually working. Granted, I could play free-cell, but I play plenty of that on work time (aka OUR time).

Um, Jenn and I threw up a relatively simple web site to spout out information about our wedding. I'm not sure Jenn wants me to publicize this information yet, but since she's one of the 2 people that read this, I reckon it won't hurt: www.geocities.com/tidoublegerpb4. That last part is my Yahoo ID. Geocities is now a part of Yahoo, which I did not know. A nd to use the service free, you're sort of stuck with what they give you.

Originally, I was going to do fancy-schmancy custom page with our very own URL and separate hosting and everything. I was going to do tons of fun links and animations and pictures galore. But Jenn said it wasn't really worth the cost. It hought it would be fun to get back into HTML programming. I hand't done it since my Accenture days and the VB course I took last week really bit me with the programming bug. After throwing together the geocities spot in about 30 minutes I realized it would have taken me all day to do something equivalent. That's without the animationa nd floating buttons and hidden naked pictures. That time was better served on gift registry.

Wow, only 5 minutes left, now. Time does fly.

I won't spoil the gift registry fun. It's on teh web site. Also visit later in the week as I plan on adding hotel inforamation and maybe some hidden naked pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home