Thursday, January 20, 2005

More of the same

I'm sure the 2 people that still read this are bored to tears with me rumbling on about the Steelers. Facts is facts, though: I spend a lot of my time each day thinking about the NFL playoffs right now.

I'm nervous. I want to be happy on Monday.

I can sometimes take my mind off of it. Last night, I went bowling as I do every weekend. I had 1 really good game (209) and a couple of stinkers. In both of the stinkers, I threw splits in the final frame to ruin any chance I had of making those games respectable.

Jenn's got stuff going on, too. And actually, it's the kind fo stuff that I'd rather just think about football. But I do often think about how I can help her think about other things. It's a little late in the year to get her gung ho about the Steelers. Maybe in time. Sports really is the ultimate distraction. It's good like that.

Blair's coming to town, and that's good. I hope he can use the Steelers as a distraction as well.

WHY ARE THEY 3 POINT UNDERDOG!?!?!?! It's just stupid!!! And all of the reports keep writing as though the Patriots are the only team that's showed up the every game of the season this year. They act like the Steelers had nothing to do with the fact that Brady played a crappy game back in October and that the Steeler's ability to contral the clock was why they won. The Steeler's scored through the air that day, but they won it on the ground and in the tranches. Well, the guys in teh Steeler's trenches are still the same!!! And it's still the Steeler's defense that will be showing up. I don't see how Cory Dillion and one bad game from Big Ben is worth a 17 point swing in the final score. I read on line from one book maker that he thinks the line should be even but he has to set it where the people bet. Why are people discounting 14 weeks of solid play and assuming last week was the only one that mattered!?!?!? AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!

And here's the worst part: I'm getting over confident. When you have the ability to counter every arguement made, that happens. If you're not really sure what to say in response, you can start to question yourself. But when you sit there and say, "Sure Belicheck is an all-time great coach, but when a team matches up well against the guys you've got on defense (like the Steeler's bruising running game against the talented but slightly undersized New England LB), that counts for something," you start thinking that there's no way you can lose on Sunday. And that's not where I want to be on Sunday.

On Sunday, I want to sit down and watch a great football game where my team shows up and plays their hearts out and wins becasue they are the better team. I don't want to be pissed going into the game because everyone else is a moron and has a REALLY short memory.

So yeah, I'm a little distracted this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home