Friday, November 19, 2004

THE TV HAS ARRIVED!!!

I have gotten word that there is a brand new 44" LCD rear projection wide screen TV IN MY APARTMENT. I also understand that it has been installed and that it is functional. JOY!!! I'm beside myself, really.

Jenn had a wonderful idea of having a going away viewing on teh old TV and then a wolcome view immediately after for the new one. The going away viewing will be Ferris Bueler's Day off. Easily, the most viewed movie for that screen. For the record, When Harry Met Sally would be second and rounding out the top 5 would be the Star Wars, the Jungle Book and the Big Lebowski. Had the Big Lebowski come out before I was in college, it would be the winner in an almost embarassing land slide.

So there are 2 questions that need answering now.
1) what is the wlcoming movie for the new set?
2) what happens to the old TV?

I'm heavily leaning toward one of te Lord Of the Rings movies as the welcoming moive. The movie needs to be a special effects bonanza worthy of the wide screen, hence why I choose not to pick The Big Lebowski. I'm also not picking Star Wars because I'm taking Dec 3rd off from work to stay home and watch all of the DVD's. Other contenders are one of the Indiana Jones movies. Die Hard. Aliens (if Jenn could stomach it [not a big fan]). That's it, I think. Not sure I can think of anything as good as those movies that NEEDS to be seen in a wide screen. Obviously, there are better movies, but not for this occation.

I don't knwo the answer to the second question. I'd like to thinkt hat I could find a spot to hide it away and safe it for when I have a house, but I don't think that's realistic. Plus Jenn has stated rather strenuously we are going to be a 1 TV house. I'm trying to find a good homw for it, but I only know of 1 person that might want it. She ahs to check with her parents if they want a replacement TV for the one they had in tehir kitchen. I can't throw it away. I'm not saying it can't be thrown away. I just don't want to know about it. Someone will have to tell me that they're going to take it to Jenn's mom's storage place and then put it in a dumpster on teh other end ouf our complex. I can't know about it being disposed of.

That's the tough thing about new things. You end up having to say goodbye to old things. Of course, ask me on Sunday if I care and I think we can all guess the answer.

Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home