Friday, January 14, 2005

Nothing in particular

I don't have all that much going on right now. Nor do i even have a reason for blogging. It's lunch. I have some time. So there you go.

As alluded to in my previous blog, I'm thinking a lot about the Steelers. They play at 1:30 tomorrow. This morning, in spite of having enough work related stuff to keep be busy well past 5, I spent a good chunk of the morning reading on-line articles about the games the coming weekend. And that brings us to the current blog. Lunch is when I usually scope those sorts of things out, but today, I could not wait. So you're stuck with a boring blog.

So here are some random things that have absolutely no bearing on anyone's life but my own. And maybe Jenn's a little bit.

The past 2 nights, someone has been lying on our futon and the rabbit has actually jumped up onto the futon to see what was going on. Last night it was Jenn. She barely reacted. The night before it was I (actually, jenn and I were snuggling, but I was on the edge). At the time, I was on the verge of sleep (my futon has the power of putting people to sleep, I think it uses it's power for evil more than good). All of the suddin I flet a fuzziness on my hands and I just scooped it right up. Of course Token attempted escape, but I had grabbed him quick enough. We put him away in his cage and went to bed shortly there after. I couldn't help but wonder why he'd hop up like that? Do rabbits in nature like to huddle together so he just figured we were big rabbits? The fact that he did it again last night is why I even bring it up. Very odd.

I was in 5 Fantasy Football leagues this year. I only made the playoffs in 2 of them. In one of the 3 that I failed to make the playoffs, I had the 4th highest point total on the year but I finished witht the 9th worst record. That's just plain bad, dumb luck. In the 2 that I made the playoffs, I went 1-1 in the Championship games. That's not bad at all to have a 1st and a 2nd. Unfortunately, the 2nd was in my money league and meant a $300 swing. Oh well.

I had to buy a calendar for my office. I like those Page-a-day deals. Gives you something to look forward to every morning and on Mondays, you have 3 things to kill a little time. Anyway, I planned on going to the bookstore witht he sole purpose of looking for a Onion page-a-day. By the time I got to the store, I couldn't remember what exactly I was looking for, but I vaguely remembered that I was thinking I wanted something funny. By the time I got to the table with all the calendars, Ihad no idea what I wanted. I eventually narrowed it down to the Mensa Puzzle calendar and the Bishism calendar. I opted for the mensa because a daily reminder of the fact that our president is a complete and total imbicile kind of scared me. Most days, I probably wouldn't mind and would be highly amused. But if for whatever reason i had already had a bad morning, that wasn't going to help the matter. As I was leaving, I spotted, sitting right next to the Mensa box, a box with the Onion Page-a-day. It was right there in front of me and I didn't even see it! I wasn't sure if I should feel old, stupid or blind.

I have a ton of bet in already on my dad's on-line gambling account. Basically, it's like playing with the house's money. And anyone who's been to Vegas and actually won some money can tell you that you'll never have more fun in Vegas than when you're playing with the house's money. Anyway, I'm not going to tell you who I'm betting on becasue my friend Eddie never tells anyone. Seems reasonable enough to me. Who am I to argue with Eddie?

I hate Fresno weather. It's no better than being in the Northeast. I might as well be living in Pittsburgh.

I like Fresno food. There is some surprisingly good food here. And when the Claim Jumpers opens, LOOK OUT!

I can't wait for the Claim Jumper to open. I think I'm going to try to get all my Fresno friends who have never experienced Claim Jumper beofre to go with me on a trip to Six Flags. There's a Claim Jumper 5 minutes from there. We could go there for dinner before heading home. I just want more people to be excited aout this.

GO STEELERS!


1 Comments:

Blogger RauluaP said...

Very true. Fresno is not Texas. And for that I am grateful.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home