Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Big Announcement

I'm getting married!!!! I proposed to Jenn over the weekend and she accepted. Joy!!!

How: We went to a karaoke bar on Saturday night in San Clemente with our friends Austin, Leslie, Pamela and Cameron. I had been prcticing "Just the Way you Look Tonight," the classic stnadard featured in dozens of movies, frequently the Dean Martin version. I had it down pat. Then we get to the joint and they don't have the song!! This was a shocking revelation, honestly. To not have sucha standard is criminal. So I opted to use "Your Song" by Elton John as featured in Moulin Rouge. 10 years ago, I would have used that song without even considering another as I love it, I think it's a wonderful song aobut how someone goes about telling someone they love them, and I know it by heart. But the fact taht it was in Moulin Rouge made me opt for something else becasue Jenn doesn't like that movie (Iknow, I know, but I don't hold it against her). Prior to singing, I dedicated teh song to her and then after I asked her to marry me. In her meek little voice she said "Yes." I'm going to try to get her to sit down and watch Moulin Rouge again. Maybe she'll have more appreciation for it.

The ring: I had it specially designed by a guy at a local jewlery shop. It looks like a vine around her finger witha Blue Topaz as a flower and 2 smaller pear-dut diamonds as leaves. The main stone is not a diamond becasue Jenn doesn't like them and requested a blue topaz. Some of the money I saved will be put towards more wedding reception fun.

As for specifics on the wedding:
We're shooting for September witha focus on the weeekend of the 24th.
It will most likely be in Los Angeles, mayb Las Vegas and HUGE maybe on Fresno. I realize that for all my East Coast friends, Fresno makes the air fare cost prohibitive, so that's why it would only be here if LA and Vegas were cost prohibitive to Jenn and I.
No, you're not invited.
Yes, you should send a gift anyway.

Seriously, other than we'd prefer to have a buffet, there will be a bachelor party with boobies being a key feature and there will be a DJ with 80's music (for me) and modern R&B (for Jenn)being a key feature, there's not much else to tell as of now.

Stay tuned and keep an eye out for invites!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home