Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Relative Betterness

I look at where I was a week ago and compare it to where I am today, and I would have to say that I'm better.

I'm not even remotely as bitter as I was about the Steelers. I realize now that rookies don't win Super Bowls because they get tired, not becasue they dont' have the skills. He'll get us one within the next 5 years, I'm sure of it.

I can visit ESPN.com again. I was avoiding it like the plague before I went on vacation to Joshua Tree.

I had a grand time at Joshua Tree. Being outdoors for a little while does wonders for one's psyche. Also hanging out with cool friends helps. And rock climbing is every bit as fun as I remember.

I bowled very well last Wednesday. I'm finally getting my consistancy back. 2 weeks ina row with a 200 game. And this time, I didn't shit the bed in the third game with a sub-150 effort. 161-209-161. I'd like thos to be 171's. But I realize that htat's just one more spare each game, and I know I can do that if I keep focus.

Jenn is feeling better. And that makes me feel a lot better.

Sure, in some areas I'm worse. I've had terrible diarreah since getting back from J-Tree. I took Imodium this AM and it may have done the trick because I haven't had any problems. but also, I'm not eating anything that would be even remotely offensive to my stomach so that might be the true cause of the potty respite. We'll find out tonight, I suppose, when i try mashed potatoes again (that didn't go over too well last night).

In getting over the Steelers' loss, I've come to the realization that I've got another 8 months until meaningful football again. The immediate disappointment from the loss is far more severe but temporary. The lingering loss of football in general is prolonged and doesn't really surface until you deal with the team loss.

And then you have the dichotomy stuff. Things that I'm both excited and sad about at the same time. Like I'm going to Vegas in April for my brother's wedding, which is fantastic. But I don't think I'm going to have the funds to really show Jenn how much fun Vegas is and also gamble as much as I'd like, which is kind of sad. Also, Jenn's not a big gorger, so she won't ever really understand the joy of a Vegas Buffet, which is really very sad, indeed.

Jenn and I are starting the long process of getting a house, which is exciting. Looking at on-line listings is tons of fun. But then you sit down and do a budget and figure out what you think you can afford and you realize that you can't really afford all that much, which is sad. Especially when you feel like youa nd your woman deserve the best.

So that's where I'm at now. I'm better, which is good. Now if I can just stay off the can for another 12 hours, I'll be FANTASTIC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home