Friday, February 04, 2005

Super Bowl Predictions

I'm sure that most of you will be pleased to know that this should be my last football realted blog until the draft in April. Now we just need to hope something interesting happens in my life between now and then. But we'll worrya bout that next week.

My favorite sports write is Bill Simmons who writes for ESPN.com. He covers pop-culture and other fringe influences on sports and vice-versa. I think, even if you don't care for sports, most people woudl enjoy some of is stuff because it actually is very funny. Plus, it's a look on the subject that you rarely see (i.e., not just X's and O's).

Anyway, he used to be known as the Boston Sports Guy before ESPN found him. He's a big time Boston sports fan and doesn't hide it. And he's been smug as hell all season. That's the feeling I get from this whole Patriots team. They aren't over achievers any more and I don't think they're sneaking up on anyone. The Eagles will be completely ready for them. I think the Eagles will be winning on Sunday and not just because I want them to.

Here's the thing: what I'm looking forward to the most is the Sports Guy's article on Monday. It's one thing when he was sad when the Red Sox were still a franchise that just couldn't make it to the big time. You kind of felt bad for his loss. It's another thing to watch as his Patriots lose after him being so confident for 4 months. He's got it coming, just as much as the Yankees and their fans had it coming in October. And as much as I dreaded his stuff prior to and after the Steelers' game, I'm just as much looking forward to his post on Monday.

Anyway, there you have it. I think the Patriots are in for an upset. It will be a good game, but I think the Eagles are just a little bit better. We shall see.

I should be seeing a couple movies this weekend, so if you're all good, you might get to see a review or 2!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home