Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Therapy

I'm an emotional guy. I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve. I have a very hard time consealing my emotions and I almost never even bother trying. Included with this part of my personality is the fact that I can sometimes seems a little bi-polar (at least, I would think I was bi-polar if I were watching me from the outside). I can be happy as a clam, something will happen that flips my mood right around, and after a very short time of being mad, I settle down rather quickly and I forget what got me angry. More often than not, what triggers the switch is some latent bad emotional trip flash back. For instance, in weeks when the Steelers lose, all be walkign along on Thursday and just randomly say "SHIT". Because some parsect of my mind just thought, "Why the fuck was Tommy Maddox still in the game in OT!?!?!"

Jennifer is a wonderful emotional stabilizer for me. These little bi-polar moments still startle her from tiem to time. Her knee-jerk reaction, when I say "SHIT" is to ask what's wrong, but she's begining to be able to answer the question herself before I say a word. She's far more helpful in times when I have a genuine (or genuine to me, anyway) reason to be pissed off or sad. Mainly, in these instances, because she knows how to make me smile. And since I wear my emotions on my sleeve, if I'm smiling, I'm probalby not thinking about stuff that's irking me.

However, Jenn's not always there. Or, if she's going through something that's dampening her spirits, she's not always going to be able to put that smile on my face. This week has been one of those times. She's been under the weather and I've been worried about her. South Florida has been a mess with the hurricane (my family and friends all seem to be OK, but my all time favorite resaurant in the entire universe never to be replaced by any thing no matter how yummy, fun or atmospheric, the Mai-Kai, had it's roof collapse). We are sans DVD player after my old one broke and the new one we bought never bothered to start working. I lost another heart breaker in my money fantasy league. Stuff's been weighing on me. I haven't been coping as well as I'd like.

And then I got sent this link: http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

This is by far my most favorite discovery since I found out about Mr. Skin. In fact, in time, if it stays up and functional, I'd venture to say it could be the greatest discovery EVER. I could probably stare at this for an hour and not tire of it. I would pay $50 to have this has my screen saver. I would do anything to have the code for this particual little display so that I could save it to my computer and know that it will never go away or be taken down by some evil web master. I cannot possibly understate how this particular site was exactly what the doctor ordered at just the right moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger RauluaP said...

I was exploring this Planet Dan website and I found this:
http://www.planetdan.net/pics/babies/
I"m not sure what the appropriate response is to this, so I'll refrain from commenting further.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home