Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Up to date

This blog is an attempt to get everyone caught up on the past 2 weeks. Obviously, everyone reading knows that I'm now marrried. Thanks to everyone that was at the wedding for making it the most fun party I've ever attended. I can only hope everyone had 1/2 as much fun as I did. Just a total blast. A party with unlimited food and drink and all the music that I want to hear. Good times.

Jenn and I had a very nice week off after the wedding. Not so much a honeymoon as just some time for the 2 of us. On Friday, we went to Magic Mountain with Jana and Erika. It's official: 4 is the best number to do a park with. And if all 4 people are as awesomely cool as us 4, then all the better.

The time spent in Vegas around the wedding was AMAZING. I hadn't had that much fun in Vegas in a very very long time. My only complaint would be that Jenn wasn't into participating in all of the activities I deemed fun. But that's OK, becasue I got to do them any way. The Bachelor party was PERFECT. Booze, craps and titties. The perfect final evening to a life of a single guy. I look forward to going back to vegas again soon, but I'll always know that I will be participating in only 2 of those activities hence forth. That's what I want, too, but I'm glad I had a final hurah.

The gambling was only so-so. I won the couple sports bets I got in and I won at the craps table during the bachelor party, but I lost all that back plus a little the rest of the time. But I go to play craps with Eddie and Jason, and that's what I really wanted to do. Also, a side note here, Jenn shot for us one time and made what could have been a terrible and short night into a not so good and not too short night. ALWAYS let the woman shoot for the first time. I wish I had put more out on the table at the start of her roll rather than waiting to parlay it at the end. Sigh. But then you never know whent eh end of craps is until it actually ends.

Fantasy football report: after a perfect week 1 I went 3-3 in week 2 and 4-2 in week 3. I'm 3-0 in the money league, and that's the one that matters most. I'm 3-0 in one other leage, 2-1 in 3 and 1-2 in 1. I'm kind of sad about the 1-2 becasue that's my winners league (for people that won a league the previous year). Thems the breaks, I suppose.

Bush. Here is a rough quote from him that was on the Daily Show this morning from right before Rita hit land: "I'm going to keep a close eye on how the state (Texas) and local goverments communicate. It's very importnt for me to understand how they communicate and somethign I need to learn about." HE WAS THE FUCKING GOVERNOR OF TEXAS!!!! Before being elected President, is SOLE qualification was that he HAD BEEN THE FUCKING GOVERNOR OF TEXAS!!!!! And you're telling us NOW that you don't know how state and local governments communicate!?!?!? REALLY!?!??!?! And this the is asshole Village Idiot that the hoard of lemming morons in this country re-elected!?!?!? On any other day, this would have been a whole post. So he lucked out this time.

Anyway, I'm really happy and everything is going very well. I'm 31 today. Not sure what to make of that. I suppose you could go back to a year ago and read my blog then. Except, this time around, i know what to expect and I don't quite care as much. I've lost 7 pounds since then, so that's a plus. But to do that, I have salad for lunch everyday, which is a huge negative. OK, my birthday wish is for noeone here at my work to see the salad I"m begrudgingly eating for lunch and say, "Mmm that looks good." Becasue it's not. It's edible and it's healthy and that's it. It it most assuredly not good.

Did I mention that I'm really happy? Today is my best birthday ever becasue I have Jennifer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home