Friday, September 09, 2005

1 WEEK!!!

We're down to the Final Week. 7 days from right now, Jenn and I will be going through our plans for Saturday while sitting in some bar with my folks in Vegas. I'll be wondering about what's in store for me for my bachelor party. We should have the marriage license and tux sitting in the room already. Jenn and I are both really really excited. I can't wait to see all my friends that have been such an important part of my life. I wish that more could attend, but obviously, given the diverse locations I've resided over the years, I doubt I could come up with a location that would ensure 100% attendance by all those that I wish could go.

I quick shout out to Steve and Ben, fellow members of the Axel Rose Trio at Sutherland in Pittsburgh. A nod to Brent, valedictorian and dork extraordinaire, who has a new job at UMass and a new baby to worry about. A hello to the various cousins taht won't be able to make the trip: all of us are at such exciting stages in our lives, it would be selfish of me to be disappointed that you're not going to come to Vegas just for me. Kevin and Chris in Orlando, no way would I expect a trip that far for a place neither of youw ould probalby care for all that much. And anyone else who I may have egregiously forgotten taht can't make it, thank you for continuing to be a part of my life and I know that your thoughts will send positive karma our way as Jenn and I enter this new stage.

Of course, I'd be lying if I said I weren't a little worried. From a marriage stand-point, I'm mostly worried about he food being good and the DJ not sucking. The food aspect is an issue becasue we didn't get to do a sampling before hand (but it will be a buffet, so I'm sure at least 70% of it will be fine, which is pretty much what you expect froma buffet). I'm sure the DJ will be fine. I mean how could you be a DJ in the city of Vegas and suck? I'm hopeful that everyone making the journey will have a good time and that I'll be able to devote suitable time with everyone. Obviously, people will recognize taht I've got other things going on, but I don't want anyone to feel left out or ignored. Out side of the festivities, I'm worried taht Jenn will get mad at me when Eddie comes calling for a little craps time and when I inevitably sneak off to catch some of the games on Sunday. It's Vegas, it's Sunday, it's the NFL, it's going to happen. Why kid ourselves.

Anyway, we're doing well and looking forward to the 17th!

On a side note, and completely unrelated, I'm also worried about the Steelers. Last year in training camp, not muchw as expected of them, but they provided flashes of goodness that made a fan think, "hey, this could be a good year." Well they looked very similar this year to last, except that the expectations are high, so now you feel like, "Yikes, this might be a LOOONG season." Tennessee will be a good test for them. But I digress: there will be plenty of time for football in 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home