Thursday, May 12, 2005

Look Ma! I'm on CNN!!!

As reported yesterday on the Daily Show (acutlaly it may have been Tuesday because I watched 2 eps on my TiVo yesterday and I can't say for sure which one was which), CNN and MSNBC have added Blog Watch segments to their "news " programming. This is the most ridiculously absurd and disturbing developments in journalism since the right-wing take over of talk radio.

The thought that something I have to say about ANYTHING could possibly reach more than the 3 to 5 people that semi-regularly check my blog goes so far beyond bizzare, I don't even know what to say. I mean really, the whole idea of "news" is to present information to the public. And if you're not getting the correct information, you find a way to get it. That's it. And honestly nothing I have to say, regardless of the topic, is news worthy. NOTHING! Not a single word about my up coming wedding, my opinions on our Village Idiot President or my faunings over Star Wars. None of it equates to news.

And those are my thoughts on MY opinions. So you can imagine my thoughts on the opinions on the average troglodite that has access to the internet. I have a long standing saying, "Everyone's entitled to their own stupid opinion." Interestingly enough, in this current situation, the key phrase is THEIR OWN. I am not entitled to anyone elses stupid opinion. I've listened to enough sports talk shows to know taht the opinion of the common man is about as valuable as my belly button lint (and I have about as much of that as I do opinions).

Bottom line is, there is very little that a blogger is going to be able to come up with that constitutes as anything more than a stupid opinion. The heart of the matter, obviously, is that these "news" channels are about 5% news and 95% Opinions. The average news paper is actually the reverse of that. Obviously, news papers will have certain take on things and emphasize some stories over others, but at least it's not filled non-stop with morons like Hannity on Fox News sitting there and yelling at a cheerleader who was assaulted by an old man booster for girating too much and then filing a law suit against him (that is a true story). To prop these channels up under the guise of "news" is both immoral and dangerous. Fox News should be retitled Fox Right Wing Opinions. CNN could be CPON (Cable Pithy Observations Network). That's far more acurate. Oh, but then I suppose these channels would have to actually strive for accuracy in order to care.

Anyway, the point of this is that I'm going to strive to be featured on CNN. So please tell EVERYONE you know to visit my site. I'm certain the powers that be at CNN just look for the blogspots with high traffic and internet "buzz". If any of you have blogs, if you could all post weekly aside comments on how wonderful my blog is and how insightful into the world of politics I am and then post a link. I figure my opinion is just as stupid as the next guys and therefore, just as worthy to be adopted by the troglodites that have yet to figure out how to log onto the internet on their own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home