Tuesday, April 26, 2005

She likes it!

Just to kill the suspense and cut to the chase for those of you that are only interested in whether the wedding will still be in Vegas or if Jenn hated it so much that we're moving the ceremony to Reno, I am very happy to report that Jenn had a good time in Vegas this past weekend. Those of you who are frequent visitors here know that I was concerned because she hates crowds and gambling: 2 staples of the Vegas experience. However, she was able to see past those aspects of it and enjoy what it had to offer the shy non-gamer.

And now for the details for those of you that care.

The trip didn't get off on a very good foot. We arrived at exactly 2 for our appointment with the Catering Manager at Treasure Island. She seemed genuinely surprised to see us in spite of the fact that the week before I had called and told her I would be in town, would like to have my TASTING and was avaialble any time after 2. She said 2 would be fine and I said I was looking forward to the TASTING. Lo and Behold, we show up and she says that they only have tastings during meal-time hours, a little tid bit of info which would have been nice to know when I specifically asked to schedule our TASTING. And the fact that she was surprised to see us was an even bigger surprise to me because my name was prominantly displaying on the huge desk top calendar she has. Regardless, we went through and made our selections. To help promote our geocities site (www.geocities.com/tidoublegerpb4), I will ask you to visit there to see the menu (which I will not be getting around to posting until this weekend).

As we were leaving, my dad was sitting outside (he'll come into play in a moment). We quickly met with the chapel lady and Jenn picked a bouquet. She directed us to the photographer to get a price list. There was another couple meeting with the photographer so we all took a seat and waited. After a little while, we decided we didn't want to wait any more, at which point, Jenn adn I got up to leave and my dad got up to barge in on the other couple's appointment and get a price list. He, being as he is, got the price list and Jenn and I rather annoyed and embarassed. Welcome to the family, my love!

We then picked up the tuxedos for my brother's wedding, stopped for some food and got our room. At the room, Jenn and I discover that our neighbors were ritualistically torturing their small child. At least that's what it seemend like because the kid did not stop crying. We left the room to meet up for a little bit with my brother and when we came back the kid was STILL crying. We woke up in the morning a little before the family next door. We know this because as soon as they DID wake up, the torture began anew. Luckily for us, they checked out that day.

A side note on the rooms my brother and parents got: they tipped the check-in folks $20 when they arrived and they both got really nice suites. It didn't work when we were checking in. We suspect that it was becasue there was a line when we arrived and none when they got in the night before at midnight. But, for those of you interested, all it takes in twenty bucks and you might just get the suite. My brother even got the Rainman suite at Mandalay Bay. In Miami, that suite would sell as a condo for well over a million.

The next day before the wedding, Jenn and I checked out the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. A very neat thing to see. Jenn wasn't a fan of the crowds, but she loves acquariums enough to overlook that and truely enjoy herself. There were a couple of the smaller (and as a result more packed) tanks that she bypassed. We then strolled over to MGM to see the lions. Only 3 very small cubs were on display. They were absolutely adorable. Jenn was a little sad becasue she's not a fan of enclosing such big animals. But she could nto deny that they were in fact adorable.

Then the wedding, which was very nice. It was a smaller event than ours will be, so it was rather intimate. A good time was had by all. Jenn noticed that as we were arriving for the ceremony, they were still setting up the Reception tables. She's thorooughly worried that our event will be a total plannign nightmare and logistical disaster. I've insisted that she musn't worry, this is what they do and they know how to be ready when they need to be. I think some of my worrying is rubbing off on her.

The next day was buffet at the Bellagio. YAY!!!!! I LOVE BUFFETS!!! Jenn ate $5 worth of pancakes. I ate $40 worth of french toast bacon pancakes cheese blitzens roasted turkey prime rib breakfast pizza yogurt and mixed berries. It evened out. We walked back, at which point, we started collecting the escourt service cards being handed out by folks up and down the strip. Those of you who have walked any portion of the strip know exactly what I'm talking about. I've always been amused by this and Jenn shared my amusement to the point of wanting to collect them. Only 12 more and we would have had enought to make up a deck of cards. Jenn prefers looking at them like baseball cards. I think we got the rookie cards of Amber and Shun-Li. Right now, they're each worth $125 a visit. In 10 years, the value will be 1/4th that.

We then ran around collecting tuxedos to return to the Men's Warehouse (we had a car so we decided to be nice). After a little shopping around and getting the tuxes back, Jenn was tuckered out and I was ready to gamble. I played craps. Just ofr an hour. That was all the time I had but I was very pleased to have that hour. The table was extremely luke warm. I won't go into boring details for everyone, but I lost $50. I've lost $200 in 20 minutes before, so that's really not that bad. And I'm still up on my craps playing career. But it was fun. Those of you who want details can call me and I'd be more than happy to share.

We then went to see Zumanity, the new Cirque Du Soliel show at the New York New York. It's the first R rated Cirque show. It's very fun and very naughty. Old school Vegas with a splash of froo-froo. Boobies were prominantly involved. I was happy. We had amazing seats. Jenn genuinely loved the show. I was even more happy.

And then we went to sleep, woke up and drove home.

That's pretty much it. There were other small amusements. Jenn liked the cheap (both cost and quality) jewlery that was on sale everywhere. She was also shocked by the amount of cleavage on display. I explained that that was just one of the many things to love about Vegas.

I'm just glad we're still having our wedding there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home