Thursday, April 07, 2005

Come one, Come all!

I'm very proud to announce that the last major on-slaught of invitations has been placed in the mail this morning. That means, if you are one of the 3 people reading this and you are are not the bride, then please let me know if you have not gotten an invitation in a week from now.

Mail is a lot quicker than I think it used to be. In all honesty, if you aven't gotten the invite by Tuesday, I'd say that there is a problem. An invitation got the the UK in as much time. There once was a day when you'd just assume everything took a week or longer. If you were mailing something from Fort Lauderdale to Miami and it took less than 6 days, you considered yourself the luckiest bastard alive.

I make my triumphant return to Vegas in 2 weeks for my brother's wedding. I'll get to put $ on a Steelers Super Bowl in '06. I'll get to play a little craps (emphasis on little). Jenn and I will be seeing a show with my folks. I'm hoping that it will be a good time. We're obviously going to be mixing in a little business witht he pleasure. I need to set up a meeting with our catering people for our wedding. Yummie food tasting fun!!! This is also a test run to see if Jenn actually likes Vegas. I see one fo 2 things happening on the drive home: she'll be super excited about our event or she won't believe that she actually gave the OK to have our wedding in Vegas. It's one or the other. That's what Vegas does: it has a very polarizing affect. There is no middle of the road with Vegas. I know off the bat, she'll never be as excited as the buffets as I am. That's one of my favorite parts of it. She doesn't eat nearly enough in a single sitting to EVER make a buffet worth the money spent on it. So I know going in, there's one strike. Strike two is that she's not into gambling, but there are countless people who love Vegas but don't gamble, so it's not a make or break part of the equation. Anyway, we'll see what she thinks in 2 weeks, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home