Thursday, October 05, 2006

ALL..........THAT.........POLKA!!!!

A funny thing happened on my way to sending an e-mail today. I was talking about the movies I had at home from Netflix and when the checker got to the part where I was mentioning Dr. Zhivagom it suggested Chicago for Zhivago and I almost clicked Change wihtout looking. My first thought was that that would have been confusing for the recipient. But then I took it one step futher: can you imagine the movie and how confusing THAT would be for the patrons? Dr. Chicago: A musical about cheating spouses getting away with murder set with the backdrop of Russian Revolution. "If you're good to Comrade, Comrade will be good to you!!!" If you haven't seen Chicago or know nothing about Zhivago, you probably don't find this remotely entertaining. But it absolutely cracks me up. So another contest: come up with the best line or song from Dr. Chicago. I've already taken 2, but I know you can all do better.

I have to comment on the Foley thing. I'm absolutely enthralled by the whole thing. And this from somebody who never really cared for Clinton but whole Lewinsky fiasco was a ridiculous witch hunt. The dude got a hummer. And we're supposed to be surprised? But this Foley dude was having cyber-sex with 16 year old boys. That's just a little weird. And it could just stop there, but the story builds and gets weirder and weirder. The Monica thing was a story of a guy getting a hummer and that was it. What he said or didn't say at the Grand Jury is frankly pointless. Yeah, he might have lied. But about getting a hummer froma chubby 22 year old intern. The Republicans have been covering up the fact that one amongst their ranks have been jerking off while chatting with 16 year olds. Which is worse? And the actual story started with some mildly disturbing e-mails. Then they got explicit and there was some salami slapping. Then it was all the alcohol's fault. Then he was molested by clergy and he was gay (which, by the way, was by far the least news worthy part of the entire saga). then he's jerking off when he should be voting on Iraq funds appropriations. AND THE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP KNEW!!!! And this ISN'T a story!?!?!? Good thing for the Republicans that Democrats will be completely incompitent in trying to capitalize on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home