Thursday, July 27, 2006

OK, we're excited

Jenn and I are unabashedly excited about having a contract on a house. And I have a confession to make: we're getting WAY ahead of ourselves. We can't help it though; it's so super duper exciting!!!

In my mass e-mail announcement, I said that I wouldn't be giving out any further details so as to avoid the wrath of the house closing gods (or something to that effect). Do you think going to Home Depot 2 days after your offer is accepted to get paint sample cards is going a little overboard? Yeah, me too. How about asking the realtor if we can go visit the place the following weekend for the express purpose of showing our parents the place but thinking in the back of my head that I should take the tape measure to get dimensions?

Worse yet, am I tempting the New Job gods by the simple act of buying a place before my first 90 days are up?

Probably. And I really scared the crap out of myself this morning when that nasty little thought entered my head.

I suspect this is an interesting little study in human behavior. We get excited about stuff. It's unavoidable. When something goes wrong, it's because we jinxed it. Well jinxing be damned! Jenn and I know just where the koy pond is going to go. And we have a very good idea on what colors to make the spare bedroom and the main living area. And we can't wait to shop for some furniture to fill the place up. And when should I tell Jenn that, since the cable is part of the Association fees, I'd like to get a TV for the spare bed room/computer room?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home