Friday, August 04, 2006

Stuff we haven't done yet

We've been in Florida for about 6 weeks now and there are several things I wanted to do once we arrived. Stuff that I always liked doing before that I thought Jenn might enjoy. And by no means is it stuff that I expected to do during the first 6 weeks or even the first 6 months. But stuff that I'd like to get around to doing and not end up being one of those things that is perpetually on the "we'll do that next weekend" list. Here's the list of some of that stuff, a description of it and whether we've done it yet or not.

FOOD:
Wings - My favorite wing place in Florida, Wing City, is no more. My second favorite, Wings Plus, is thriving and we have indeed been. Jenn didn't like it as much as I do. The good news is that there's one within delivery range from where we're moving. I'm not sure there's an establishment west of the Mississippi that can actually do wings.
Yesterdays - This is my favorite fancy restaurant in South Florida. It's right on the Intercoastal, which is a waterway that separates the beaches from the main land. They have the best cheesecake anywhere. They have an awesome Caesar Salad. Because it's spendy and fancy, we haven't gone yet. It's not going any where. I can wait for this one.
Hooters on the beach - It's one thing to go to Hooters. It's another thing to go to Hooters on the beach. I haven't even been to the beach with Jenn yet. We'll get there.
Have a good cheesesteak - this one was just for me. Check. That was out of the way the first night. I don't think you can get a good cheesesteak west of Pittsburgh.

SITES:
Viscaya - This is a turn of the century Spanish-style mansion built right on the water in Miami. It has a really cool garden in the back. The house is immense. It was actually used for the filming of Ace Ventura. Anyway, we haven't been yet. Again, this one isn't going anywhere. I'm certain we'll get there during one of our trips to visit Blair in Miami.
Pier 66 - It's a hotel on Ft. Lauderdale beach. The cool thing about it is that the top floor has a rotating bar. I figured, with FLL now being the Miami to Boynton mid-way point, we can meet up with our Miami friends there one of these weekends.
Disney day trip - When we get to Boynton, and it's only a 2 hour drive, I'm 100% certain this will happen. I'd like to do a short weekend trip soon-ish, too.
Everglades - Not something to do during the summer. For any reason.
Busch Gardens - This one is better as a day trip. I haven't even talked to her about this one yet. They have a new coaster. It's definitely better to wait until the summer crowds go away.

SPORTS:
Baseball - Been to my one Marlins game requirement. Can't wait for next year! Jenn didn't go. She hates baseball, but I thought she might go just for the fun company. I was wrong, but that's OK.
Bowling - Once we get settled in, I'm excited to be in a league with Eddie again. I'd be even more excited if Jenn agreed to be part of a mixed league!
Football - I want to go to a Dolphins game and a Hurricanes game this season. I'm not sure Jenn will want to do either one, but I'm hoping I can talk her into it.
HEY! IT'S ALMOST FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!! YAY!!!!!

OK, I'll admit it. This entire post was just a thinly veiled excuse to get a little more excited about the start of football season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home