Monday, December 12, 2005

Cheesecakium peanutbuttercupia

I like food. And of all the sub categories of food there are, I like the dessert sub-category the best. And of all the dessert classes there are, I like the Cake (cakiius) the most (with Cookies [cookenium] pulling in a very respectable 2nd). And the cake genus that holds a very special corner of my heart, due to the variety of species in the genus and the time and effort into creating a superior example, is the cheesecake.

For the record, my favorite favorite dessert is the Publix white cake with butter cream frosting (Publixea publixea).

Since I do love the cheesecake, it is worth mentioning that a Cheesecake Factory has opened in Fresno. The Cheesecake Factory knows how to make them some cheesecake. And they are all over the place with their offerings. For a year, while I lived in LA, I worked across the street from a Cheesecake Factory. This offered me numerous opportunities to sample their wares and figure out which cheesecake is the champion of them all. If cheesecakes were subject to Darwinian theories, which one’s characteristics would we find dominant in the cheesecake of 1,000,000 years from now. The answer: Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple. If you don’t like the combination of chocolate and peanut butter in you desserts, too bad. Your lame ass will be weeded out in 1,000,000 years of evolutionary advancements any way, so bitch to someone else.

I’m not saying that the others aren’t good and that APBCFR is the best on every single level. I’m just saying that it has the overall best characteristics. I’m also a fan of the Godiva Chocolate cheesecake (the Fudge Ripple part could evolve into a Godiva Chocolate ripple). Their strawberry is awesome (if they still have it where the strawberries are in the cheesecake, not just on top). But strawberries and chocolate is great and peanut butter and chocolate is great, but strawberries and peanut butter and chocolate doesn’t work, so eventually the strawberry trait would become sort of an albino recessive gene where 1 out of every 100 cheesecake babies would end up being strawberry.

Their selection is insane and I’ve been the to Cheesecake Factory so many times and have known my favorite for so long that I don’t even bother ordering anything else any more. So you’re going to have to forgive me that I don’t go through the laundry list of their cheesecakes and rate them all. Figuring that out for yourself is a magical journey and I highly recommend it for everyone. However, just don’t be surprised when you find out that you’re disappointed that you didn’t just go and get the Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home